Ollantaytambo Ruins, Sacred Valley, Peru
- Ask permission to enter from the Ancestors, Mother Earth, Spirit of Place and give gratitude for the opportunity.
- Enter quietly, with reverence and respect.
- Allow yourself to be in the moment and feel the essence of this sacred site.
- Be aware of the organization of space and its connection to nature.
- Try to imagine the daily lives and rituals of the people who inhabited this ancient place and picture yourself among them. Let your imagination flow….
- Connect with the mystery and spirit hidden within these walls. “If these stones could speak…”
- Remember the sounds, colors, textures, structures, and feelings you experienced.
- Choose a comfortable place off the beaten path and sit quietly.
- Do a silent meditation, some yoga or tai chi.
- Write down your observations in a journal, or sketch with pencil or watercolor.
Glen at Ollantaytambo Ruins