Dear Readers, The Peru Art Vacation, scheduled for May 8 – 19, 2017 is created for a small group – maximum 10 people. This is truly an inspirational journey of art and sacred sites. The trip is almost full – with just a few spaces left. Contact me if you are interested: email@example.com
I have been taking groups on Art Vacations since 2009 to Oaxaca, Guanajuato, Mazatlan and most recently Peru. I enjoy sharing my love of travel with my love of art, printmaking and the creative process.
Here is the itinerary:
- We meet in Cusco, a beautiful Spanish colonial city with Incan sites, textiles and local crafts.
- We take the Vista Dome Train to Machu Picchu and spend 2 nights in the village of Agua Calientes.
- At Machu Picchu we will start with a special Sunrise Ceremony for our group with a local spiritual guide. We spend the rest of the day enjoying this spectacular Incan site.
- In the Sacred Valley we tour Ollaytaytambo and other sites.
- We spend 5 nights in the Barranco (arts district) of Lima, at Second Home Peru, a fabulous B&B overlooking the ocean and home of famous Lima artist Victor Delfín.
- 4 day Monotype Workshop with Glen Rogers at Taller Tress Printmaking Studio in Lima.
The trip includes hotels (based on double occupancy), train, ground transportation, entrance fees to sites and workshop fee and materials. Price does not include international or domestic flights and meals except breakfast provided by hotels. Trip cost: $2600usd / $500usd deposit
(Option to go on the trip and not take the workshop for a reduced price)
Beginner to Advanced. No previous printmaking/art experience required.
Here are a few testimonials from the 2016 Trip:
What a fabulous trip! Truly life changing!
I loved the places that we stayed and Second Home Peru (in Lima) was so special. Christina and Rueben of Taller Tress were very welcoming and the studio well equipped.
Thank you for a great experience. And thanks to everyone in the group for being such wonderful traveling companions. I can highly recommend this trip. Sue Gilchrist, Santa Cruz, CA
It was a pleasure and thank you so much for let me be a part of this adventure<3
Feeling happy and inspired back in my routine life:-) My head is full of ideas, and all I want is to print! Synnøve Krokstad, Norway
What an amazing trip! Thank you Glen Rogers for making this trip happen, for the printmaking at wonderful Cristina’s studio, for Machu Picchu, Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, Pisaq, and all the lovely people who came together to make this such a great experience. Lara Speyer, San Francisco Bay Area